RUBBER MULCH (Sold By The Ton)
- Reviews (0)
Rubber Mulch helps improve playground and play area safety for children of all ages. Rubber Mulch is uniquely designed and manufactured to not only meet, but exceed today’s playground safety standards and guidelines.
Nearly 114,000 children in the US go to emergency rooms every year due to falls onto the play surface at public playgrounds. Even more alarming is that nearly 5,500 children under the age of four suffer a traumatic brain injury on a playground. Additionally, playground related injuries among children fourteen and younger cost an estimated $1.2 billion annually.
When compared with other playground safety surfaces, Rubber Mulch cushions a child’s fall and provides up to 2.5 times more fall height protection than grass, dirt, sand, pea gravel, wood mulch, engineered wood fiber (EWF), rubber tiles or poured in place surfaces. The Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) recommends the use of Rubber Mulch as a playground safety surface.
Rubber Mulch meets the criteria required by the International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA) for certification as a playground or play area safety surface and wheelchair accessibility.
American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) F1292-13
American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) F1951-99
Rubber Mulch helps create safer, smarter playgrounds that are ready for play 365 days a year, year after year.
Features and Benefits
- Creates safer playgrounds
- Reduces injuries from falls
- IPEMA certified for critical fall height protection (ASTM F1292-13)
- Recommended by the Consumer Product Safety Commission “CPSC” for use as a playground safety surface
- Meets Americans with Disabilities Act “ADA” accessibility standards as playground safety surface (ASTM F1951-99)
- Up to 60% savings versus engineered wood fiber (EWF) or wood mulch in playground or play area applications
- 12 year Color-Lock guarantee
- Inhibits growth of mold and fungi, reducing allergy risk
- Saves time and money by eliminating annual mulching
- Requires up to 50% less material than engineered wood fiber (EWF) or wood mulch
- Helps prevent weeds
- Does not attract termites, carpenter ants or other harmful wood destroying insects
- Resists rodent infestation
- Does not float, absorb water, erode or blow away with heavy wind or rain
- Will not rot unlike engineered wood fiber (EWF) or wood mulch
- 100% Recycled Rubber
- 99.99% Wire Free
$949 per ton / free delivery. Installation is $199 per ton.
There are no reviews yet.